Susan Hentz & Associates work nationally with administrators, educators, co-teachers and instructional coaches to assist them in implementing and administering processes to improve student achievement.
Susan Hentz is an internationally recognized consultant, author, and teacher. Susan is an inspiring presenter and dynamic educator working with administrators, educators, instructional coaches, paraprofessionals, and staff developers from Boston to Beijing. Her ultimate goal is to assist schools in providing quality educational programs to promote success and boost student achievement. She has over thirty years of teaching experience in a wide variety of school settings with diverse demographics. Susan is the author of Co-Teaching Essentials for Success, Communication for Co-Teachers Quick Reference Guides published through ASCD. She is also the co-author of Engaging Students in Every Classroom published through ASCD, A to Z Two Minute Active Learning Tools, and Collaborate Smart: Practical Strategies and Tools for Educators. The emphasis of Susan’s research and practice has been in the areas of staff development, inclusion, consultation, collaboration, communication, co-teaching, student engagement instructional strategies, parent involvement, and classroom management.
Michelle Vacchio has more than thirty years of experience in many educational roles including teaching in special education and general education settings grades K-12. She is a master of developing and presenting workshops at the state and national level. In addition to her work as a reading specialist, instructional coach and education consultant, Michelle is dedicated to supporting student and teacher achievement through the continuous development of instructional practices that motivate and engage all learners. Michelle is the co-author of Engaging Student in Every Classroom published through the Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development and A to Z Two Minute Active Learning Tools. The emphasis of Michelle’s research and practice has been in the areas of staff development, instructional coaching, co-teaching, balanced literacy, Readers’ and Writers’ Workshop with a focus on Lucy Calkins’ Units of Study, content area literacy strategies, student questioning and discussion techniques, and instructional best practices.
Christine Rietveld, our administrative assistant, is an amazingly efficient, organized person. Christine’s focus is on positive customer service experiences. Christine has the amazing ability to schedule our sessions and provide additional information to our clients as needs arise. Her ultimate goal is to help our clients not only connect with our team, but to assist in any way possible so that our seminars, coaching, and consultative services are successful. Christine’s win-win attitude and detail oriented demeanor make her an asset to our team’s success.
Top 10 Reasons to Engage in Our Services
- Learn how to strategically plan to create positive, inclusive learning environments that value diversity
- Motivate your staff by providing professional development on instructional best practices
- Discover instructional strategies for all student to access the curriculum
- Self assess to evaluate and reflect on the current teaching needs for professional development
- Target the needs for implementation of school improvement and reform initiatives
- Improve the instructional practices of educators through the coaching cycle
- Understand and support effective co-teaching practices
- Create a planning process to utilize data to drive instruction
- Integrate specially designed instruction based on needs of students
- Increase student engagement to boost achievement.
Bonus: Expand your toolkit for building expertise and increasing student achievement